Women’s Healthcare & Weight Loss in Corpus Christi
For some, surgery is unavoidable. Dr. Praderio has more than 10 years of experience in evaluating and treating women with non-cancerous gynecologic conditions such as:
- Menorrhagia (heavy menses)
- Metrorrhagia (irregular menstrual periods)
- Pelvic pain
- Ovarian Cysts
What does Minimally Invasive Surgery mean?
Minimally Invasive Surgery utilizes techniques to limit the number of incisions in the body. In traditional open surgery, the surgeon makes one large cut to see the part of your body that they’re operating on. In minimally invasive surgery, however, the surgeon uses small tools, cameras and lights that fit through several tiny cuts in your skin. This allows the surgeon to perform surgery without cutting opening a lot of skin and muscle. These less “invasive” procedures can be performed with just a few tiny incisions, resulting in faster recovery time and less post-operative pain.
What minimally invasive procedures does Dr Praderio perform?
These are just a few:
- Cervical loop electrode excision procedure (LEEP) and conization
- Diagnostic and operative hysteroscopy
- Diagnostic and operative laparoscopy
- Endometrial ablation
- Surgical management of ectopic pregnancy
- Surgical management of missed or incomplete abortion
- Surgical treatment of endometriosis
- Surgical treatment of uterine fibroids
- Robotic hysterectomy