Women’s Healthcare & Weight Loss in Corpus Christi
Bio-Identical Hormone Therapy for Women
Bio-Identical Hormone Pellet Therapy(BHRT) for WOMEN
How is BHRT different from other hormone therapy?
Unlike pills or topical applications of hormones, which give peak hormone levels shortly after use then very low levels a few hours later, hormone pellets give continuous therapeutic levels for 3-4 months after a single insertion. This is the result of a steady and slow absorption of the pellet into the bloodstream. BHRT can reduce or eliminate some of the undesirable effects of other methods of hormone administration such as nausea, breast tenderness, low libido, acne, insomnia, tiredness and weight gain. Pellet implants bypass the liver and therefore don’t negatively impact clotting factors, blood pressure, lipid levels, glucose or liver function.
BHRT also addresses the issue of low testosterone in women. Historically, testosterone treatment in women has been less than ideal due to multiple potential side effects, including acne, hair loss, deepening of the voice, hair growth and loss of breast tissue. These side effects are uncommon with the use of pellets.
What changes will I notice with Hormone Pellet Therapy?
- Decreased frequency and strength or cessation of hot flashes and night sweats
- Improved sleep
- Increased energy
- Relief of vaginal dryness/painfill intercourse
- Increased bone mineral density Improved urinary function Improved sexual desire Improved cognitive function (clearer thinking)
- Increased ability to cope with stress
- Decreased heart disease
- Improved blood sugar and insulin levels
- Reduction of fat levels
- Increased self-assurance and self-confidence
- Improved mood and well-being Improvement in skin, hair and/or nails Reduction in migraine headaches
How do I know what hormones I need?
Based on existing hormone levels, determined by lab tests, symptoms you are experiencing and your health history. Dr. Praderio will make a hormone replacement therapy recommendation to include your initial pellet dosage. A few weeks after pellets have been inserted, hormone levels will be reevaluated to determine if optimal hormone levels have been reached.