Women’s Healthcare & Weight Loss in Corpus Christi
Metabolic Reset w/ Semaglutide
Semaglutide done the right way!
Our Healthy Lifestyle Plan has been helping our patients lose weight the right way for over 3 years now. We realize, that in some instances, some patients require a little more of a metabolic reset to kickstart their weight loss journey.
The key work is “kickstart.” The popularity of Semaglutide on the market has made the demand for the drug skyrocket, with many options available without a plan. We do things a little differently. We offer semaglutide as a way of helping you achieve your weight loss goals quickly but also safely and more importantly sustainably.
Our goal is to help you achieve your goals the right way that will last a lifetime.
- Initial consultation: You will have a one-on-one consultation with Dr. Praderio to discuss your goals, weight loss history and come up with weight loss plan. This may require lab work which may be vital to understanding your weight loss struggle.
- Initial Body Analysis: During your first visit we will have you weigh in and body analysis. We will calculate your basal metabolic rate and your daily caloric needs for safe and lifelong weight loss.
- Recommended Plan: This plan varies from our HLP in that we provide guidance and counseling with regards to what you should and should not be eating. We firmly believe that the Metabolic Reset Plan is a way for you to lose weight while at the same time teaching you how to live a long and Healthy Lifestyle.
- Weekly Follow Up: With our Metabolic Reset you will receive a weekly lipotropic/B12 injection, as well as a Semaglutide injection in addition to a weekly weigh in at our office. You will have the opportunity to speak with our nurse about any concerns or struggles you may be facing.
- Monthly Follow Up: At 4 weeks you will repeat your comprehensive body analysis and with that information determine what adjustments (if any) are required to help you meet your goals.
- Enhance for Essential Metabolic Support: As with our Healthy Lifestyle Plan we provide you with a 12 week supply of our metabolic support supplement formulated with Purple Green Tea and other ingredients to provide you with the supplements your body needs especialy when trying to lose weight.
What are Semaglutide injections?
Semaglutide is a small protein (peptide) that activates metabolic pathways in the body to increase blood sugar metabolism and reduce appetite. It has been used to help treat type 2 diabetes under the brand names Ozempic ®, Saxenda® and Wegovy® to name a few.
Semaglutide is know to promote weight loss because the medication helps reduce hunger and promotes fullness by slowing stomach emptying.
Semaglutide is administered once weekly instead of daily, which is one of its advantages. These injections, in conjunction with a healthy diet plan, have shown to be very beneficial for weight loss
How can Semaglutide help me lose weight?
- Increased Metabolism: Semaglutide promotes fat oxidation which means it appearst ot help your body target the metabolism of stored body fat first.
- Gluconeogenesis: This is a fancy word for “generate new sugar.” Semaglutide discourages gluconeogenesis which means there is less blood sugar for your bodies insulin to move into the cells.
- Controlled Hunger: Semaglutide Appears to work on the hypothalamus to increase that full feeling.
What are some possible side effects of Semaglutide?
One of the keys to this plan is our commitment to helping minimize the most common side-effects of Semaglutide which include nausea, diarrhea, constipation, vomiting and/or stomach pain.
Our Metabolic Reset differs from other plans in that we take great care in administering the drug responsibly while also providing the support and advice to mitigate any side effects. Dr. Praderio also takes multiple precautionary measures to ensure that Semaglutide is the right fit for you and your weight loss goals.
It’s not just an injection.
Our goal is to help you lose weight and accomplish your goals. NOT to just sell you a medication. The Metabolic Reset provides you with the tools to start your journey with the aid of a medication NOT to make you live off a medication the rest of your life. Call us to learn more and to see why the Metabolic Reset plan is right for you.
Our patients who follow the plan have a plan to move forward to keep living a Healthy Lifestyle. Many Metabolic Reset patients even choose to continue with our Healthy Lifestyle Plan. Click below to learn more about HLP.
Dr. Praderio changed my life!
I have been going to Dr. Praderio since the summer of 2017, when she changed my life for the first time. I was having hormonal issues-night seats, moodiness, hot flashes, etc. She recommended the bio-identical hormone pellets and I have been on the program every 4 months and no longer have the hormone issues I was having.
Then in January 2019, I went to Dr. Praderio about my energy/metabolism level. I noticed I was always hungry and had no energy. I was swimming 4 times a week and following the Adkins diet meal plan lifestyle. I wasn’t able to get that last 20 pounds off. It didn’t matter how much I exercised or ate…I still couldn’t get the weight off. Then Dr. Praderio informed me of her Healthy Lifestyle Plan involving Lipo-B & Vitamin B12 shots. I was ready to start anything to get the weight off and have energy to swim the 4,000 yards I wanted to swim without feeling exhausted before I even got into the pool. I was able to lose the 23 pounds in 4 months following the lifestyle plan-using the my fitness pal application to chart my meals, getting the weekly shots and continue my swimming. I now feel amazing, and according to my husband, look amazing too. I have recommended Dr. Praderio to several of my friends and they are seeing the same results for their hormones and/or weight loss. Even my husband Kevin, felt like his testosterone level wasn’t where it should be so when he found out Dr. Praderio helps men too. He immediately had her start him on the Bio-identical hormone pellets for men. This has changed my husband’s life also. He has more energy and stamina. I would recommend Dr. Praderio and will continue to recommend her to my friends and family.
Support was the Key
First Of all, I absolutely love Dr. Carolina Praderio! In 2019 I went in to see her about my problems a with menopause and I started the hormone therapy. Last year, 2020 I mentioned to her that I was having so many problems losing weight. She introduced me to Natalia who has been a constant inspiration for me to learn to eat right and not give up when I did not have a good week. This whole office , from staff to Dr P. are so supportive. I highly recommend visiting this office, I guarantee you will keep going back!
Great Support System
I found that the older I get, the harder it is to lose weight. I happened to come in for my annual appointment and I see all these flyers about Dr Praderio’s weight loss program. It was just what I needed and at the right time. All my life, I’ve battled weight loss and have tried different plans where the next time, that plan didn’t work as easy as the time before. Of course with any diet or weight loss program, you have to work at it and sometimes you need a little help along the way. At 47, I needed that help and Dr Praderio’s program has provided just that by listening to me and my struggles. I’m now eating healthier and I’ve also started running which I’ve never ever done before. The best part is the support and encouragement that you get at your weekly weigh-in. I’ve lost almost 40 lbs and although I’m at a comfortable weight, I’m confident that I can reach my goal of 20 more lbs.
I started that is weight loss journey last year, and since then I have learned many helpful tips Dr. Praderio. I told myself that I had to lose at least 20 pounds before I turn 30, and here I am still trying to accomplish my goal. When I first stepped on the scale, I was in shock. I knew that I had to do something about it, and especially because I had the support of Dr. Praderio, the staff, and patients who started with me. I started out on a 1,200 calorie a day and thought to myself this is going to be hard, but I knew that I had to try. With the help of the app helping me count my calories, it became easier for me to choose what to eat. Then I realized that it was not all about eating salads, there was much more of a variety. With the help of skinnytaste.com, I found so many healthy recipes that were within my calorie range. I bought a food scale from H-E-B, and began weighing my food. Each Friday as many of you know, I would step on the scale and was very excited when I would lose at least a pound. We would all motivate each other not to give up. At that time was not taking the Phentermine, was still able to lose inches which helped boost my confidence. Now, I take the Enhance supplement that really did help curve my appetite. I leave it right next to my coffee pot in the morning to I remember to take it before I start my day. I have lost a total of 16 lbs. and I am still able to maintain my weigh in a healthy range. I am happy with what I have lost, and feel confident that I will reach my goal.
My lifestyle changes- my reults
Hello, I hope everyone is doing well and is striving positively towards continuous weight loss. Remember that this is a life change. For me it was seeing my reflection on glass doors to notice how much weight I had gained. That was when I decided to make a change in my eating habits. I put myself in this situation so it was up to me to get myself out of this situation. Has it been easy? Of course not. But here I am killing it. Back in March of 2018 I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. I didn’t take the doctor too serious because he just gave me a piece of paper with a list of foods to avoid eating. My eyes almost popped out of my head when I read potatoes. Potatoes! But I love potatoes! What am I going to do? I received no education on diabetes. He didn’t even recommend a registered dietician, nothing. So I went on about my life. Trying to eat healthy. Taking my metformin which made me sick to my stomach. I tried to take it daily but holy guacamole the side effects didn’t agree with me. So I reflected back on my dad. He was a diabetic. He got to a point where he had to inject himself with insulin daily. Fortunately he didn’t have any amputations. He also had heart disease. That’s when I decided I have to make some changes and now. Not tomorrow not next week not next month. There was no starting on the first of the month. It was now, for me it was do or die. I can live with the fact that I am a diabetic but Diabetes will not control me! I will control my diabetes. Diabetes is a serious disease. Not to be taken lightly at all. It affects your eye sight, your liver, your kidneys, your dental health, your heart. I refuse to suffer later on in life because I chose to eat foods not good for my body. So here I am today. I had my A1C checked in August 2019, it was a 10.9 and my doctor re-checked it at my request December 2019. I was happily shocked to see that my A1C was now at a 5.9 and I did it. When I first started the program I had to give up my Big Reds! What! I though that’s gonna be hard but I did it. Willpower, willpower will be your best friend. There are so many things we can do to lose weight. But first of all we have to want it and I mean want it 100%. They say we eat with our eyes first. That is so true.
1. Make your meals pretty. Sounds funny right? If your meal looks pretty appealing your going to want to eat it.
2. Spice up your meals. Yeah, who doesn’t like flavors? I’m always looking for ways to add flavor to boring chicken breasts. Every time I go to the grocery store I’m looking at ways to add flavor to my proteins. While at Wal-Mart I found some spices called Delicioso. They run about 3.50 or so. They come in flavors of: mango, cilantro lime, chorizo, asada and al pastor. I bought all but the mango. And let me tell you it is great. Well worth the price because a little goes a long way. I have also used McCormick’s chicken fajita seasoning put that in a plastic zip lock bag with olive oil and the juice of 1 lime slice up 2 to 3 chicken breasts in half length-wise then I slice them in thin strips and place them in the bag with the marinade refrigerate for 30 min or overnight. Then I place a little olive oil on my grill pan( bought mine at Wal-Mart for about $30) when I grill all the chicken I place them in zip lock snack bags 2 oz or 4oz and label the bag by the flavor and the ounce. I bought my scale at Wal-Mart $5.00. When ready to eat I just pull it out of the freezer and defrost. I have also use chipotle peppers and marinated chicken in the adobo sauce and a couple of peppers with olive oil and lime juice. I use that
Chicken in a salad: lettuce, grape tomatoes, chopped red onion chopped green and red peppers and 1/2 of a pear sliced. The pear is cool and balances the spiciness of the chicken. You can also substitute the pear for avocado slices. I would suggest making your own vinegarette. Salad dressings have alot of calories and let’s face it, no one wants to eat dry lettuce. If you don’t like vinegarette you can still use dressings just water them down a bit. Read your labels. Ranch dressing, for example has a whopping 130 calories per 2 tbsp. Wow. I would probably put 1.5 tbsp in a small container with .5 tbsp cover with a lid and shake it up real good. We gotta start somewhere right. You maybe thinking this is too hard, I’m never going to lose weight, it’s too much work, blah, blah, blah. Trust me you will get used to this sooner than you think. We are here for each other we have to support each other. I started off in August 2019 weighing in at 205. Today I weight 173. I’m still a work in progress. I will not give up. I will continue to eat smarter. Because I want this, I will. Giving up is not on my list. Don’t let it be on yours. If you don’t see the weight coming off, pay attention to how your clothes is fitting you. Plenty of times I didn’t lose weight but I lost inches. I’ll take it. My goal is 150. I will reach it because I want it so bad.
3. Portion control is something that will help as well. I will make supper. Let’s say I make spaghetti. I will only eat 1 cup no more than that. I will serve green beans on the side. My green beans are saluted in a tbsp of butter and minced garlic a slice of bacon chopped. So I will eat 1 cup of spaghetti and 1 cup of green beans and that’s it. I’m full if I can’t eat the cup of spaghetti I will put the fork down and call it quits. I have made carne guisada for dinner and have left overs. I pack the left overs in snack sized zip lock bags .5 cup and put in the freezer. If I have rice and beans left over pack it also in separate bags at 1/4 cup. There’s my lunch for a later day.
4. Snacks: boiled eggs, beef jerky, perhaps 1/2 a sandwich loaded with veggies, nuts, cheese sticks, fruits- 10 grapes, 1/2 or small apple, banana, orange. Or even a small salad. Try to avoid canned fruits. I found sugar free Jello 4pack for $1 and only 5 calories also sugar free chocolate pudding $1 only 70 calories. I used to keep a crystal bowl on my nightstand with dove dark chocolate. But now when I get a chocolate craving I go for my sugar free pudding as opposed to 170 calories for 4 dove pieces. My go to snacks used to be Lightly salted pringles or cheese nips. So the day I started my 1200 calorie diet I came home and read the labels the pringles were 16 at 150 calorie the cheese nips were 29 or 30 at150 calories. So yup, here I go again with my zip lock bags, 30 cheese nips and 16 pringles. We had a staff appreciation at work one day and we served sloppy Joes and chips. One of my coworkers said to me, ” wow you’re really taking this diet thing serious I saw you count 12 lays potatoe chips”. Yes I am very serious.
5. Exercise, keep motivated. Try getting those extra steps in whenever possible. Anyway you can. I used to go walking with my son,(15 years old), but when the time changed it was too dark to go walk at 6pm. So right now I am looking into core exercises. Pinterest will be your best friend. Exercise ideas, salad ideas, any foods you can think of.
6. If you find yourself getting hungry keep extra had boiled eggs in your fridge, drink plenty of water.
Keep yourself hydrated. Make infused water. Drink unsweetened tea instead of sweet tea.
I watch a channel on YouTube called views on the road. Stephanie is the name of the girl that makes aguas fresca, (like infused water) I have made the watermelon star, cucumber water, strawberry kiwi water and apple, celery and carrot water. If you drink water before during and after your meals you will not be hungry. Also add lemon or lime juice to your water infused or not that helps with weight loss too.
7. I have recently discovered ground turkey. It is so good and so much better for you than ground beef because it is very lean, meaning it has very little fat. So when your cooking it add a little olive oil because it can burn easily. If it does its easy to peel off the burn layer when say for instance your making a turkey burger.. I season mine with salt pepper and minced onion red green and yellow dices peppers and it is yummy. I ve even made turkey meat balls.
8. If you have to eat potatoes I recommend red or Yukon gold potatoes. The skin is very thin and have the least amount of starch in them. As apposed to a russet potatoe which has a thicker skin therefore is best as a baked potatoe it holds up better. When I make mashed potatoes I peel the potatoes and dice them. I place my colander in a large bowl and rinse the potatoes in cold water 2-3 times to rinse out any starch. My sugars are always normal when I do this.
9. Remember when searching for recipes and you come across one that sounds yummy but it calls for shrimp and you’re not much of a fish person, you can substitute the shrimp for chicken or vice versa.
10. This is not going to be easy. But you can do it. Remember to read how many calories per serving size on your packages. Once you get the hang of it it’ll be as easy as breathing.
11. Now when you for you’re weekly weigh in and you lose sight you know you can have a cheat meal not day. How about this instead. I have opted to take a pamper day. I take a bubble bath, then do a home made facial, home made mani pedi, lotion my body, watch a movie or read a book. My husband and kids know not to bother me during this time because I’ve earned it. Think it over.
12. Remember one meal at a time.